What a gorgeous weekend in Whistler, BC Canada -
Whistler is a town north of Vancouver, British Columbia, that's home to Whistler Blackcomb, one of the largest ski resorts in North America.... and it's freaking incredible. If you are a skier or snowboarder and have never been, that has to be an item on your bucket list. We got there Thursday evening and stayed at the Embarc Resort at the base of Blackcomb. As soon as we walked through the lobby entrance, we started to see cozy corners with people sitting by the fire, sipping on apple cider just chatting about the day. It had a real sense of 'Hygge' and we knew we were in the right place.
Our top ten things to do in Whistler if you ever go visit:
1. Ski / Snowboard!! (Obviously)
2. Have an afternoon bite + brew at the Horstman Hut, a European-style hut with specialty stews, meats and soups. Enjoy sunny day BBQs on the ridge-top patio, at the top of Blackcomb Mountain. Take Horstman T-Bar or 7th Heaven Express to get there (at 2,284 metres/7,494 feet).
3. Apres Ski in Whistler Village
4. Go backcountry snowmobiling (it's wild)
5. Unwind at the Scandinave Spa - it's a Nordic-inspired oasis !!
6. Stop by Zogs for a classic (and delicious) poutine!
7. Live music, warm fireplaces, delicious cocktails and good people watching- cozy up at the Mallard Lounge in the Fairmont Chateau Whistler
8. Chill out in the Kettle One Ice Room, the world’s coldest vodka tasting room
9. Sit in your hotel room or hotel lobby by the fire with a warm cup of apple cider or tea
10. Take the Peak 2 Peak Gondola - it provides an elevated ride between the two mountains. On a clear day, the view is superb and looks out to snow-capped mountains, alpine lakes, and dense coniferous forests.